Sustainability Position Statement
Our sustainability program supports Primient's bright plant-based renewable future, while also helping to ensure a better tomorrow for our people, partners, and communities.
Primient is focused on building a sustainable future across our entire value chain – growing a stronger, more resilient business through practices and partnerships which meet our own high standards for environmental, economic, and social stewardship.
- We believe in transparency in all aspects of our business
- We approach responsibility holistically and strive to ensure we understand our individual roles in driving meaningful sustainable action
- We proactively monitor, manage, and measure our practices and commitments, reporting on progress and impact annually
Our Senior Leadership team sits on our Sustainability Steering Committee and have oversight of our comprehensive program. The Sustainability Steering Committee meets quarterly providing review, advice, and alignment on current progress and future planning. We also engage with our Board of Directors regularly on relevant sustainability topics, progress, and to agree our annual strategy.
At Primient we are fully committed to:
- Supporting our grower partners' regenerative agriculture journey and customer partners' sustainability commitments through our sustainable agriculture program with Truterra.
- Empowering growers to choose regenerative practices by providing data, technology, and connection to expert resources which allow them to improve their efficiency, yield, and profitability.
- Measuring, managing, and reducing emissions across our operations and supply chain.
- Understanding and addressing the potential impact of climate change within our operations and across our supply chain.
- Implementing a climate risk assessment towards a comprehensive risk management strategy.
- Setting a science-based target in line with 1.5°C and the new Forest, Land, and Agriculture (FLAG) requirements.
- Publicly disclosing our Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions on an annual basis.
- Measuring, managing, and reducing the water used across our operations.
- Being good stewards of water in the communities and watersheds in which we operate.
- While we do not operate in any high-water risk areas, continue to assess and build water and stewardship risk into our overall business strategy.
- Taking care to comply with all local requirements, including water discharge and air emissions regulations.
- Using resources responsibly in our operations and our supply chain; Our Supplier Code of Conduct outlines this expectation for our direct suppliers.
- Minimizing the creation of waste. When possible, all off-spec product is reworked so it can be repurposed. When it is not possible to repurpose, waste streams are sent for reuse, recycling, or energy recovery. We avoid landfilling waste as much as possible.
- Ensuring there is no deforestation in our supply chain.
- Promoting the conservation of biodiversity through the sustainable use of land and resources.
- Supporting our communities by partnering with non-profit partners who are driving positive change in community vibrancy, including addressing social inequities, access to education, essential health services, and ensuring the availability and affordability of food.
- Identifying opportunities for renewable energy use while still meeting the rigorous demands of our manufacturing processes.
- Constantly striving to improve processes and practices which improve energy efficiency and allow us to make more with less.
If you have questions about our Sustainability statements, policies, or progress, please reach out to email@example.com